Seriously, ^that’s what I am feeling right now. What happened to all the weeks?! (After a quick search, I realized I could probably fill this entire post with pictures of the facial expressions of Captain Jack Sparrow.)
We have so little and so much left to do. I’m not sure how that is possible, but trust me, it’s true. I’m also not sure what happened. We had such a momentum going. After finally finishing the shelves and getting the sofa, I think we gave ourselves permission to take a breather. We haven’t actually stopped doing things in there – I’ve been working on reorganizing and decorating – but it doesn’t seem like there is anything to show for it. This room makeover just turned into the real life version of The Tortoise and the Hare.
But! Even though the hare didn’t win the race, he did finish the race. So finish this we will!
Here’s what we have left to do:
- Paint the ceiling around the new light fixture
- Paint the doors crisp white, add the new door knob, change the door hinges
- Finish the gallery wall (which involves DIYing a picture frame)
- Organize the toys on the shelves
- Organize the desk (AKA why are there so many freaking coloring books?!)
- Make another pillow
- Make floor poufs (make = measure, cut, hand stamp, sew, and fill)
- Recover magnetic board
- Hang hooks for dress up area
- Get new brackets for shelf over desk (The ones there now are too small, and I’m afraid the shelf will fall.)
- Replace the window stool (It has damage from condensation.)
I wish we had actual photos to show you, but I don’t want to spoil the big things that have been done, and as mentioned, we still have a lot to do. This will be us trying to get everything done before next Thursday:
In the meantime, be sure to check out the other participates in the ORC. You can also check out our playroom progress to date:
We got our act together! Check out the big reveal here: Week 6!